RP24G enjay etching press
“Happily in late 2015 I took delivery of a new Enjay s24* etching press. It was built and sent from Melbourne to Brisbane, it came in three bits all delivered within the same week. So easy to install and now takes pride of place in the studio. Neil and Bill were most helpful in discussing the virtues of the various models and so were able to suggest a visit to a Melbourne artist Dawna Richardson-Hyde who has the very same model s24 in her studio. Making it possible for me to view and discuss it's easy care and low maintenance with a fellow artist really helped in my decision to purchase the Enjay.”
From Debrorah Palm, Mt Crosby QLD.
*s24 new model is RP24/620G
The RP24G is a geared drive press suitable for schools, printmaking groups and private artists wanting intaglio and relief printing capability.
- Robust construction
- Safety features
- Geared drive
- 5 Year warranty
- Low maintenance
- Bench or cabinet mount
The RP24G is a versatile and safe etching and relief printing press.
The RP24G is a geared press. The generous diameter of the rimmed handwheel provides a smooth and powerful delivery of rotation, ensuring a quality print. The gearing enables printing of etchings in the popular 56x76 paper format. The space above the roller is completely clear to allow felts to flip over easily.
Maintenance is near zero; no adjustments, no greasing; just a little oil occasionally.
Low cost options include a cabinet base and a starter kit of 3 basic felts.
Standard 5 year warranty applies.
- There are no hidden finger trapping points
- Cautionary stickers are placed near the obvious top roller/bedplate area
- Low mass bedplate is supported on low friction slides without wheels
- Bed stops and anti-lift pins prevent bedplate accidentally exiting the press
- The fully enclosed covers at sides and lower roller exclude fingers
- The screw lock nuts prevent interference with setting
- Provision for locking the handwheel (only with cabinet)
- Robust and rigid laser cut frame unitary welded construction
- Upper roller 140 mm diameter
- Lower roller 114mm diameter
- Sealed ball bearings
- Laminate bedplate with high compressive strength 624mm x 1100mm
- Professional hand wheel [890mm diameter with 32mm diameter rim for solid grip]
- Geared drive ratio 3.75:1 to lower roller by handwheel 890mm diameter
- Steel cabinet base has a convenient storage shelf & provision for locking wheel
- Packs flat for economical shipping and easy assembly
- Felts kit is industrial grade wool comprises 1 x A and 2 x B grade 3.2mm
- Semi-rigid overlay sheet 614mm x 1100mm x 2mm is polycarbonate
- Standard tee-bar screws have stainless steel bars and black knobs
- Mass of main lift 65kg
Transport and installation:
- The unpacked press easily fits in a medium size station wagon with bedplate and handwheel separate
- We can arrange transport to any location via P&S; we normally deliver the press to the nearest major transport depot and our client arranges further transport; but we can deliver to your door if required
- Instalation and commissioning may be available in some locations.
- RP24G geared etching press with integrated steel cabinet and locking soft tyred castors $5,964 (felts inclued)*
- Felts kit $155*
- Overlay sheet $114*
- Hand wheel locking bar $45*
- *Prices are in AUD and include GST and are effective 01-06-18